Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Chance Encounter in Port Lavaca

Last month, I published a story about John Limon and his son Bobby who now reside in Port Lavaca, Texas after spending a number of months struggling with losing their rental home near Austin.

I met John in Cuero last fall while waiting for the second half to start of a playoff football game I was covering there and after talking for a bit, he shared his family's story of being homeless for the past year.

We met a few times over the course of the past few months and at some point during our conversations John told me about a "chance encounter" he'd had with a man at a Pizza Hut in Port Lavaca while visiting to check out the town. This mysterious encounter ended up being a vital part of the Limon family's decision to move their lives and begin again in Port Lavaca which immediately piqued my interest.

Listen to John and Bobby tell their story in a video I produced below:




No comments:

Post a Comment